DoorDash has leading feet in the field of delivery services which has undoubtedly skyrocketed in recent years. The objective of services or platforms like this is to serve as an intermediary between you and your restaurant in order to deliver your orders at the right time.
Irrespective of DoorDash’s convenient and unparalleled services, you might have initiated an order while waiting patiently for your meal to arrive, only to find out that there has been a mix-up somewhere.
Maybe a wrong meal was delivered or the food delivered isn’t just as appetizing as you thought, funnily enough. In situations like this, who pays for Doordash refunds?
If this question has been bothering you for a while now and you’re looking forward to getting an answer, be rest assured that you’ll be able to know whether or not you can get a refund in this article below.
In addition to this, you’ll be provided with information regarding the Doordash refund policy, how exactly you can make a refund on Doordash and many more
Who Pays For Doordash Refunds?
Sometimes you might run into issues with DoorDash, whereby you are not satisfied with their service or a mistake occurred which obviously led to the cancellation of the order. Now, the question is who pays for Doordash refunds in this case scenario?
Well, actually it depends.
Normally, Doordash refunds are typically issued by the restaurant and not DoorDash, unless the reason for the refund is caused by Doordash’s end.
Also, a dasher won’t be held responsible for refunds after marking the order delivered unless there are good reasons to do so, as well as evidence to back it up.
So yeah, your restaurant typically bears the costs and initiates a refund.
But we said earlier that “it depends.” So how does it depend?
Understanding Doordash Refund Policy
It’s important that you are fully acquainted with what DoorDash refund policy states in order not to get disappointed in case you are planning on requesting a refund.
First and foremost, you need to be aware that DoorDash isn’t obliged to issue a refund unless it grants your restaurant to do so and only if all criteria are met – this goes in accordance with the legal documents available to be read on their website.
According to a quoted statement which goes thus, “customer charges are final and nonrefundable for completed and delivered orders”.
This means that no refunds would be made if your order has already been prepared, completed and delivered. This is also in addition to the charges you paid for the delivered orders, they’re all non-refundable.
Customers will only be eligible for a refund on Doordash if the following situations occur:
- Orders that weren’t delivered
- Missing items
- Wrong or incorrect orders
You’ll be able to apply for a refund if any of the aforementioned occurrences happened to you. On the other hand, if you simply don’t like the quality of your food or you intend to cancel after the order is already prepared, unfortunately, a refund might not be initiated for you.
So what about the drivers?
Well, as long as the driver has completed the delivery he would pay as due. For any refunds made after this time, the restaurant or Doordash is responsible.
How To Make A Refund On Doordash – The Proper Way
Depending on the reason why you’re requesting a refund, there are slightly specific ways to request a refund. Don’t worry, we’ll guide you through how you can do that in this particular section.
Remember that you are only eligible for a refund if your food was not delivered, missing items, or wrong contents.
Requesting a DoorDash refund for undelivered food
It’s expected that you receive your order in a few minutes as long as you’ve inputted your correct and accurate home address.
If you did this and still didn’t get your food, you can follow the procedures below to request a refund.
- Step 1: Proceed to your dashboard on the DoorDash app, then navigate through the sections in the top left corner of your screen and select “Help” from the drop-down menu.
- Step 2: Next, select the order issue which is “order never arrived” and it’s attached under the delivery options.
- Step 3: You might be required to provide some additional information before submitting your request. Lastly, click on submit and your request would be transferred to DoorDash.
After completing this process, it’s expected that you get a response as soon as possible. You just have to wait.
Requesting a DoorDash Refund for missing item
Perhaps your food was incomplete according to what you ordered initially, you can request for a partial refund by following the steps below.
- Step 1: Open the DoorDash app and move to the help section at the top left corner of your screen. Choose the “view order” tab and choose incomplete orders.
- Step 2: You’ll have to select from a list of your recent orders, choose Order issues and select “missing item” if that’s what you would like to request a refund for.
- Step 3: After selecting the issue you’re experiencing, fill in other necessary details and submit your request by clicking on “Submit”.
That’s how to request a refund. Note that this doesn’t guarantee whether you’ll get a refund or not as a refund approval will depend on the authenticity of your request.
Requesting a Refund for Wrong or Incorrect orders
If what was delivered to you isn’t what you ordered initially, follow these procedures in order to make a proper refund.
- Step 1: Proceed to the DoorDash app and select the wrong incorrect orders from the order tab available.
- Step 2: On the top right corner of your screen, tap on “help” and proceed to select the exact issue you’re experiencing.
- Step 3: Select “Missing or Incorrect Item” and then submit your request just like we’ve highlighted above.
Note that while DoorDash is processing your request, you need to wait for a while in order to confirm if your request will be approved or not. If it gets approved, the refund will be made and it might take a few hours to reflect.
Now, it’s glaring that your restaurant covers the cost for any requested refunds you initiate as long as all certain criteria are met. Additionally, it’s really a simple process to get a refund if you correctly followed our guidelines above.
In case you’re still experiencing any slight issues, don’t hesitate to reach out to DoorDash’s customer support team for adequate assistance.